Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Purpose of this guide
This guide is designed to provide an introduction to conducting library research in anthropology.
- List of core databases to use to find scholarly articles
- Tips for advanced smart searching
- Search Strategies for book searching
- Link to citation styles
- Use known sources as jumping off points. Trace citations from the notes and bibliographies
- Follow the scholarly conversation on your topic by conducting citation searching
- Search for books in the library catalog
- Search for articles in the databases
- Don't forget to attribute all source and use a consistent citation guide