Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Guidelines for Faculty and Academic Departments
- Poster design workshop for large groups can be arranged, with at least two weeks notice and ideally 30 days. Students man also be directed to Lynda.com for software tutorials and poster design handouts.
- Poster size for campus poster sessions will be 36” X 48” or 36” X 36” unless a prior arrangement has been made with a particular faculty member. Please notify your students if you have a preferred size.
- During heavy poster printing periods of the academic year, student posters will be submitted as PDF files to ITS@williams.edu by the announced deadline/time (noon, at least two days prior to the poster session) and an appropriate poster pickup time will be posted.
- Students should print 11X17 for instructor in advance and must get the PDF approved by the instructor first. Typos & mistakes do not qualify for a reprint. Only one copy of each poster can be printed.
- Posters will be printed on double weight matte paper.
Guidelines for Students
- During heavy poster printing periods of the academic year, student posters for campus poster sessions will be submitted as PDF files to ITS@williams.edu by the announced deadline/time (noon, at least two days prior to the poster session) and an appropriate poster pickup time will be posted.
- Check with your faculty member for poster size restrictions. Except by prior arrangement with a faculty member, all posters for campus poster sessions will be limited to 36" X 48” or 36” X 36”
- For poster design assistance, check to see if a poster design session has been scheduled. Lynda.com is an excellent resource for software tutorials. Occassionally, a faculty member has a template that the want you to use.
- If you have with specific questions or require assistance plan on visiting the SMC on duty in the CET area. Issues that SMC’s can’t handle will be directed to an ITS member.
- As PDF’s are received (email to ITS@williams.edu), an ITS member will open the PDF attachment to check that it opens correctly. If there is an issue openning the file, you will be contacted so please don't wait for the deadline to submit.
- You will want to print an 11" X17" for your instructor in advance of submitting the PDF for printing. Get the PDF approved by your instructor first.
*Only one copy of each poster will be printed. Typos & mistakes do not qualify for a reprint.
Current Thesis Poster session dates
No poster sessions are scheduled.
- InDesign CC for Posters handout