Start in the library catalog ...
Finding books and films
- Books in Sawyer and Schow libraries are shelved in open stacks.
- Collections are organized thematically - regardless of their language, books on the same topic are shelved together.
We use the Library of Congress Classification System to organize books.Learn how to locate materials in the libraries.
- The P class is for Language and Literature. It is further organized:
- PG: Slavic Literature
- PJ: Arabic Literature
- PK: Indo-Iranian languages and literatures
- PL: Languages and literatures of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania
- PT: Germanic Literature
- PQ: Romance Languages Literature
- You can check out books for one semester and DVDs for two weeks.
- If we don't have the book or film you are looking for, you can