For articles on a specific court case:
- On the basic search screen, choose the Citation search tab and enter the citation for the case in the search box (e.g., 169 U.S. 649).
- This search will bring up the text of the case. To get articles that cite the case, click the Cited By link.
- On the results screen, choose Articles under Section Type. Use other facets to further refine your search.
For articles on a topic:
- Click the Advanced Search link to get more search options.
- Search in the Text field for keywords. Capitalize Boolean operators (AND, OR) and put phrases in "quotation marks."
- To search specific dates, use the Date limit.
- Under "Section Types To Search" (at the bottom of the screen), click Uncheck All button and choose Articles.
- On the results screen, use facets on the left to further refine your search.