- Enter keywords for your topic, event, or person and add search terms such as "archives," "digital," or "digitized"
- Also try search terms related to the type of primary source you would like to find, such as "oral history," "transcript," "speech," etc.
- If there is a historic site related to your topic, search for their website and see if they have a research library or museum that has digitized materials.
Be sure to evaluate the sites you find, particularly who created the site in order to determine biases and what information might be included/excluded.
Search Williams WorldCat
Some libraries catalog their digitized archival collections in Williams WorldCat.
- Search for your topic, event, or person
- Look at the Format facet on the left, and choose "downloadable archival material," "computer file," "continually updated resource," or "website"
Note: some items will not be freely available or may just be collection finding aids.