Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Purpose of this guide
This guide will help you find published scholarly sources (articles and books) for your final research paper.
- Tips for advanced smart searching
- Refresher on how to search for books
- List of core databases to use to find scholarly articles
- Link to citation styles
- Trace citations - the best place to start is always with what you already have: the notes and bibliographies from your class readings
- Follow the scholarly conversation on your topic by conducting citation searching
- Search the library catalogs for books
- Search the periodical databases for articles
- Don't forget to attribute all source and use a consistent citation guide