Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide offers
Research strategies for conducting library research in anthropology and sociology.
- Search strategies to find scholarly sources:
- Strategies for citation searching (finding who cited what)
- List of core databases to use to find scholarly articles
- Strategies to search for scholarly books
- Suggestions for working with primary sources
- Tips for advanced smart searching
- Link to citation styles
- Use known sources as jumping off points. Trace citations from the notes and bibliographies
- Follow the scholarly conversation on your topic by conducting citation searching
- Search for books in the library catalog
- Search for articles in the databases
- Don't forget to attribute all source and use a consistent citation style